Monday, 23 April 2012

Dramatic Lighting

The purpose of todays class was to use different lighting and props to portray a sense of drama.


For this shot I used a single light directly below and in front of Bec. I used another light shade/reflector over the top of the light to shape the light into a spot which I shined directly up at her face.
250sec @ f/2.8

To light this shot I lined a number of glasses and bottles along the end of the kitchen island bench and then shined the edge of a single tungsten through them. I think with a little more time and tweaking the shot may have worked.
250 Sec @ f/2.8 

I grabbed this shot of Ian in the kitchen as Bec was taking some photos. From memory she was using a low single tungsten light source.
500 sec @ f/2.8

I used 3 light sources to light this photo. I used a small light situated on the ground behind Bec to light the background and give her a crisp outline. I then positioned a softbox directly above her shooting down. This provided a nice effect but left her face completely in shadow. To fix this I grabbed a smaller tungsten light and reflected it off the floor to her left. The light situated behind bec was throwing some nice angled shadows on the background which I would have liked to capture. With more time I would have either moved the backdrop a little further away or brightened my main and left fill light to use a faster shutter speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment